This is where you can select the event and sessions you’d like to attach the CPD certificate option to. The information you input in the event fields will combine with the information from the contact record to populate the certificate.
What it’s for
With many events being CPD accredited, you want to be able to issue these certificates without any hassle. This is where the CPD tool comes in.
Our CPD tool can hold a pre-built CPD certificate which can be downloaded at the click of a button.
All you’ll need to do is follow the process below, send out your “Thanks for attending” email, and it’s done.
If you still need to have your CPD certificate built, then send an email to email@example.com and the team will be more than happy help get this created.
Your CPD Certificate
Your CPD certificate is built using HTML, which the StoneShot database then generates as a PDF. We use a dynamic link which allows your desired recipients to download their personalised CPD certificate for their records, without you having to personalise every certificate. The StoneShot database handles all of this for you.
Follow the steps below to go through how to attach your pre-built CPD certificate to your event and get your dynamic link.
This is where you can select the event and sessions you’d like to attach the CPD certificate option to. The information you input in the event fields will combine with the information from the contact record to populate the certificate, so make sure the event name and other details are all correct.
- Open the ‘events’ tab in the StoneShot database and find the event you are working on which requires the certificate
- Click on the pencil icon in the top right of the event box.
- On the page that appears, check all the information is correct and select your certificate from the dropdown, as shown below and hit save.
- The ‘Are all Event Sessions CPD / CE Accredited?’ option sets the default value for your event. If only a select number of sessions are CPD accredited, you can leave this unchecked and check the “CPD / CE Accredited Sessions?” box in each individual session.
Once this is complete we can proceed to the individual sessions associated with the event.
- Open your event so the sessions are visible by clicking on the name of the event and click the pencil icon in the top right corner of the session box you’re going to update
- On the session page, check all the information is correct and make sure that you’ve got all the relevant information.
Ensure to check the box for CPD accreditation if it is not already checked
- Input the CPD time, this is in the format ‘Hours:Minutes’ so for an hour and twenty minutes you’d put 01:20
- Click save and repeat for each session within the event.
If you need a different CPD certificate for a certain session, in your event, you can do this by selecting a different certificate in the “CPD / CE Certificate” dropdown, in the session.
Your follow up email
Your follow up email will include a link which will automatically download the populated CPD certificate as a PDF file. The link is dynamic and pulls all the required information through from the event and the contact record relevant to that person.
In order to test that this is working, you will need to send a test of the email and click the link when it arrives in your inbox. Any changes you make in other sections of this guide (the HTML certificate or details of the event etc.) will be implemented and visible without having to send further tests. You simply need to click on the link again and download the CPD certificate.
- Find your follow up email in the database.
- Find the CTA in your email you’d like to link to the CPD certificate and add the below link.
IMPORTANT: Make sure to change the text in bold to the domain you use in StoneShot.
If you have a single session, follow steps 3 and 4 and this is the end of the process.
If you have multiple sessions, please skip steps 3 and 4 and follow onwards from step 5.
- Once the link has been added to your template, you’ll notice that an extra tab called “Event” has appeared. Click on to that tab, select the relevant event from the drop down and then the session the CPD certificate relates too.
- In order for the CPD to populate, the recipients will need to be set to “Attended” for the relevant session. This means, that when you test it yourself, you’ll need to set yourself to attended for the session.
- Once the link has been added to your template, you’ll notice that an extra tab called “Event” has appeared. DO NOT click on this tab. If you do, skip over this tab without saving anything.
- Go to the “Test” tab and add tracking to your HTML and/or Text templates.
- Exit the template screen and navigate to the Schedule tab within your event by going to Events > Your event name > Schedule
- Click ‘Add Schedule’ and select ‘Contact Event Status’
- From here you can now choose which session/s, which session/s types, and which status you want the schedule to run on. As this is for the CPD certificate mailing, pick ‘Any Session’, ‘Any Type’, and ‘Attended’. You can leave Application Source with the default settings. Click Add.
- Click ‘Add Task’ and select ‘Campaign Launch’
- Work through the next screen with more options appearing as you select options. Start by picking ‘Select a Template and Create a New Campaign’. Find your template in the ‘Template’ dropdown. Select your email address in the ‘New Campaign with Test Email’ dropdown and pick a ‘Test Session’. This will send a test of the campaign to your inbox. Click ‘Create Job’.
- Your schedule is now created. Read through the schedule on the screen and chceck the HTML template if you need to. If you’re happy, click ‘Enable’ to enable the email schedule to start running.
- Once you have clicked ‘Enable’, your schedule should look like this and will have the edit buttons greyed out. If you need to make edits, click ‘Disable’ and edit the schedule as required.
To learn more about CPD Accredited Events in the StoneShot Marketing Platform, take a look at the video below.